- Power & Water
- Health, Safety & Security
- Business & Management
- Buyers' Guide
- World Utilities Congress
Metso Outotec has announced it has received an order to supply unique sustainable screening technology for an iron ore project in the southern hemisphere
The order value, which is not disclosed, has been booked in Minerals segment’s Q3 2021 orders received. The start-up of the project is scheduled for the H1 2024.
The order for the product screening and scalping application covers 12 Metso Outotec BSE Series (Banana Screen Elliptical) tandem screens and four MF Series screens, all equipped with 305PS screening media. In addition, the contract covers Metrics monitoring system for screens, expert support and installation services.
The need to reduce water in iron ore production and other minerals processing is a critical global challenge. The innovative and patented BSE Series screens enable iron ore processing even with higher natural moisture content without adding water.
“The elimination of process water ultimately results in lower processing costs, increasing the customer’s competitiveness and profitability in the iron ore global markets,” said Jouni Mähönen, vice-president, screening business line, Metso Outotec.
Results the customer can expect after implementation
• BSE Series screens enable elimination of process water in the screening process
• 93% reduction of the plant’s overall water consumption and eliminates the need for tailing dams
• Reduced energy consumption from the entire plant compared to the wet screening process: 18,000 MWh/year electricity saving
• 30% increase in screening capacity compared to traditional screening
• Increased safety during media change-outs using the unique Hammerless Attachment system
• Reduced CAPEX due to the adoption of high-performing BSE screens
Metso Outotec BSE screening technology is a Planet Positive solution. More information is available on https://www.mogroup.com/portfolio/bse-series/