Sharaf DG Energy supports Dubai’s clean energy strategy

Sharaf energy trmeIn line with the Dubai Clean Energy Strategy 2050, Sharaf DG Energy has launched a range of sustainable development initiatives for residents 

Dubai will be collectively concentrating on creating an environment friendly energy mix, progressively growing the employment of clean energy sources to 75 per cent by 2050.

This implies that the share of natural gas, currently powering the city of Dubai, will gradually decrease to 61 per cent, as clean energy sources will enter the mix, making up the remaining 39 per cent of the energy supply. Out of all the clean energy sources available, solar energy is set to become the largest contributor.

With 365 days of abundantly available sunshine, the Dubai government recognises that solar energy offers the most viable and competitive solution to meet the domestic energy requirements. To complement the clean energy strategy, DEWA is encouraging every resident to install solar panels onto their rooftops, enjoying the benefits of energy savings offered by the Shams Dubai, a net-metering scheme for solar PV systems. Any surplus electricity produced is sold back to DEWA at the same price, which allows residents to roll over their kilowatt hours to the next month to off-set future electricity consumption.

Conforming to Dubai’s vision of becoming the greenest city with the lowest carbon footprint in the world, Sharaf DG Energy is urging villa owners to consider installing solar PV panels on their rooftops and produce their own clean electricity independently. By going solar, Dubai residents will play a central role in accomplishing the city’s clean energy goals.

To provide momentum to the cause, Sharaf DG Energy has created unique solar packages for homeowners. Every package adheres to the high QHSE (Quality, Health, Safety and Environment Management) and includes installing custom engineered solar PV systems, fast approvals and commissioning followed by regular operation and maintenance services.

Alongside to living a sustainable lifestyle, switching to solar energy also provides massive financial savings that is derived from reduced energy consumption. Providing some key insights into residential solar segment, Sanjay Dabur, vice-president and head of energy business at Sharaf DG Energy, said, “The carbon emissions of the planet have almost reached irreversible levels. The time to act is now.”

Sharaf DG Energy recommends solar system sizes that range from a five to 20-kilowatt peak, which can be easily installed onto more than three bedroom villas. Based on Dubai’s consumption trends, a residential solar system can meet 30-40 per cent of a household’s annual energy needs. The company also offers flexible financing options where the payback period on the investment can be met within four to seven years. The ROI and savings depend on an individual’s electricity usage, the tariff slab and the size of the rooftop solar system. After the system has paid for itself, customers will be able to enjoy reduced electricity bills for the next 20 years.

In addition, Sharaf DG Energy provides every villa owner with a 25-year performance warranty upon commissioning. For the first year, the company provides free maintenance services and assists residents to familiarise themselves with the process. Thereafter, the homeowner can perform the simple cleaning process once a month for smooth and efficient performance.

Alain Charles Publishing, University House, 11-13 Lower Grosvenor Place, London, SW1W 0EX, UK
T: +44 20 7834 7676, F: +44 20 7973 0076, W: www.alaincharles.com

twn Are you sure that you want to switch to desktop version?