On 21 June 2023, Technical Review Middle East in association with Autodesk, presented a webinar to discuss the topic: Digitising water workflows in the age of water scarcity
The webinar was moderated by Toufic Riman, country manager for Gulf region at Autodesk, while the other speaker included Hasanain Al-Naimi, who is the regional technical business specialist, Innovyze at Autodesk - META (Middle East, Turkey, Africa). Riman and Al-Naimi discussed several topics that will help companies reduce the wastage of water, while learning to optimise its use.
The webinar gave attendees an opportunity to analyse how the water sector could be revolutionised, by using smart software solutions and digitalisation. Attendees also gained an understanding of the challenges facing water professionals, which include loss of institutional knowledge, ageing infrastructure, water loss, and environmental pollution. They also learnt about the digital solutions that Innovyze provides in these sectors: water distribution, drainage, stormwater, sewers, floods, asset management, and operational analytics.
The webinar covered:
- The current situation of the water industry, and the major challenges faced by the industry, including urban flooding, leakage, consumption, pollution, and their potential impact on the environment and communities
- Digitalisation and how smart software solutions can empower stakeholders and end-users to overcome these challenges
- The process of choosing the right technology and digitalisation partner
- Building and managing water systems and infrastructure
- Designing and auditing drainage systems efficiently
- Modelling complex hydraulic and hydrologic network elements and
- Conducting comprehensive and collaborative water distribution analysis and modelling
Check out the webinar recording for more info regarding the event: