On 17 October this year, Technical Review Middle East in association with Bentley Systems, hosted a leadership seminar titled "Advancing Water Infrastructure with Digital Solutions."
The seminar was expertly moderated by Slavco Velickov, Director for Global Advancement, Water Industry, at Bentley Systems. The panel of speakers featured Dr. Ahmad Faeq M. Salih, Vice President for Operational Excellence and Knowledge Management at Khatib & Alami, Ahmed Gebreel, Team Lead for Infrastructure and utilities at Ras Al Khaimah Municipality Department, Bandar M. Alshammari, Director for Engineering at Saudi Arabia's National Water Company (NWC), as well as Wadhah Al-Nassirat, Projects Manager at DORSCH, and Mohamed Khalifa, Senior Electrical and Instrumentation Engineer at PARSONS.
The discussions centered on various topics aimed at guiding companies in digitising their assets, elucidating how digital twins and Building Information Modeling (BIM) can overcome challenges, and ultimately optimise water usage.
Attendees had the opportunity to explore how digitalisation and innovative software solutions could revolutionise the water industry. The challenges faced by water professionals, such as aging infrastructure, water loss, environmental contamination, and knowledge gaps, were clearly outlined. Furthermore, attendees were educated about Bentley Systems' digital solutions for asset management and operational analytics.
The seminar covered:
• Addressing the balance between water scarcity and rising demand
• Confronting the challenges of aging infrastructure
• Assessing the impact of technological advancements
• Evaluating the economic efficiency of digital technologies in optimising resource allocation and reducing operational costs in Middle East water infrastructure
• Understanding the role of digital tools in achieving environmental sustainability goals and reducing the carbon footprint of water systems
• Learning how digital twins and connected data environments can enhance the resilience and efficiency of Middle East water infrastructure
• Exploring practical solutions through the influence of Bentley Systems
• Discussing efficiency gains made possible by digital technologies
• Highlighting sustainability achievements in the water industry
If you have any questions or require additional information regarding Bentley Systems' digital solutions, please don't hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about the event, please refer to the seminar recording: